17-4PH Stainless Steel Welded Tube Suppliers
- Size Range: From 4mm4mm to 800mm800mm
- Wall Thickness Range: From 1mm to 150mm (SCH10-XXS)
- Length Options: 4000mm, 5800mm, 6000mm, 12000mm, or as required.
- Finish: 2B, BA,4K,8K, NO.1,2D,3#, HL
- Type: Round, square, rectangular, hexagonal, flat, angle
- Technique: Cold rolled, hot rolled
Product Description Of 17-4PH Stainless Steel Welded Tube
17-4PH (UNS S17400), Grade 630, is a niobium-added chromium-nickel-copper precipitation-hardening martensitic stainless steel that provides high strength, hardness, and corrosion resistance. 17-4PH is annealed solidified (Condition A) and should not be used in temperatures greater than 572° F (300° C) or in freezing environments. For optimum mechanical properties, the alloy requires an age-hardening heat treatment at 900°F (482°C) to maximize strength.
In most environments, the corrosion resistance of 17-4PH is comparable to that of 304. In most environments, 17-4PH has corrosion resistance equivalent to 304 and is generally superior to 400 series stainless steels. 17-4PH is typically used in moderately corrosion-resistant combinations. 17-4PH is typically used in moderately corrosion-resistant combinations or in unusually high-strength applications. 17-4PH is typically used in moderately corrosion-resistant combinations or in ultrahigh-strength applications. In standard shops, 17-4PH is easy to weld and fabricate and is available in a variety of colors. In standard shops, 17-4PH is easy to weld and fabricate and is magnetic.
specification Of 17-4PH Stainless Steel Welded Tube
17-4PH Grade Description in Different Standard
|JIS||JISG standard name SUS630|
|DIN||W. Nr. 1.4542|
Chemical Components Of 17-4PH Stainless Steel Welded Tube
|17-4PH||ASTM A693||JIS G4303||EN 10088-3||GB/T 1220|
mechanical properties Of 17-4PH Stainless Steel Welded Tube
|Yield Strength||175-200 ksi|
|Tensile Strength||200-225 ksi|
physical properties Of 17-4PH Stainless Steel Welded Tube
|Melting Range||2560-2625 °F (1404-1440 °C)|
|Specific Heat||0.11 Btu/lb.-°F (460 Joules/gg-K)|
|Specific Density||0.282 lb/in3 (7.8 g/cm3)|
|Electrical Resistivity||38.6 µΩ in (98 µΩ cm)|
|Linear Coefficient of Thermal Expansion (70 °F to 200 °F) (21 °C to 93 °C)||6 [in/in/°F·106] (10.8 [μm/m·°C])|
|Linear Coefficient of Thermal Expansion (70 °F to 400 °F) (21 °C to 204 °C)||6 [in/in/°F·106] (10.8 [μm/m·°C])|
|Linear Coefficient of Thermal Expansion (70 °F to 600 °F) (27 °C to 316 °C)||6.2 [in/in/°F·106] (11.2 [μm/m·°C])|
|Linear Coefficient of Thermal Expansion (70 °F to 800 °F) (21 °C to 427 °C)||–|
Characteristics Of 17-4PH Stainless Steel Welded Tube
17-4PH stainless steel is characterized by its martensitic precipitation-hardening nature, high levels of chromium and nickel, excellent strength, corrosion resistance, and mechanical performance at elevated temperatures. Its weldability, resistance to warping, and ease of machining further underscore its versatility and utility across various industrial applications.
The exceptional strength of 17-4PH stainless steel can be attributed to its composition and metallurgical characteristics. As a martensitic precipitation-hardening alloy, controlled heat treatment leads to the formation of finely dispersed precipitates within its microstructure. These precipitates obstruct the movement of dislocations in the crystal lattice, significantly enhancing the material’s strength. High concentrations of chromium and nickel, along with other alloying elements, contribute to solid solution strengthening, forming a robust matrix that further bolsters the alloy’s mechanical properties. This alloy’s balance between tensile and yield strength, achieved through precise heat treatment, enables it to withstand both static and dynamic loads without deformation. The resulting uniform microstructure, optimized through controlled heat treatment, ensures consistent and reliable strength across the material. In essence, the remarkable strength of 17-4PH stainless steel arises from a combination of its martensitic precipitation-hardening nature, strategic alloy composition, and tailored heat treatment processes, culminating in a material well-equipped to excel in rigorous industrial applications.
The enhanced durability of the 17-4PH stainless steel welded tube is a result of its specialized composition and inherent characteristics. Engineered to withstand harsh environments and demanding applications, this welded tube offers a range of benefits that contribute to its exceptional longevity.
At its core, the alloy’s composition, which includes significant levels of chromium and nickel, forms a protective layer on the surface that resists corrosion and deterioration. This corrosion resistance is further augmented by the alloy’s precipitation-hardening nature, which creates a microstructure with finely dispersed precipitates. These precipitates hinder the progression of corrosion, adding an extra layer of protection against the effects of external elements.
Additionally, the welded tube’s ability to maintain its structural integrity under diverse conditions is a testament to its mechanical strength. The alloy’s high tensile and yield strength enable it to withstand mechanical stress, shocks, and vibrations without compromising its form or function. This robustness translates to reduced wear and tear, minimizing the risk of premature failure in critical applications.
The welded tube’s capacity to thrive in both high and low-temperature environments further contributes to its durability. It retains its mechanical properties even at elevated temperatures, up to 600 °F (316 °C), while also exhibiting good toughness during welding. Additionally, short low-temperature heat treatments are effective in preventing warping and scaling, preserving the tube’s dimensional stability.
The enhanced durability of the 17-4PH stainless steel welded tube extends to its ease of maintenance. The alloy’s resistance to corrosion reduces the need for frequent inspections and repairs, resulting in cost savings and prolonged service life.
In essence, the combination of corrosion resistance, mechanical strength, thermal stability, and ease of maintenance makes the 17-4PH stainless steel welded tube a highly durable solution for a wide range of applications. Whether subjected to corrosive environments, mechanical stresses, or temperature fluctuations, this welded tube excels in providing dependable and enduring performance.
The 17-4PH stainless steel welded tube boasts a versatile application spectrum, making it an indispensable choice across a wide range of industries and use cases. This adaptability stems from the alloy’s unique combination of properties that enable it to excel in various applications.
One key factor contributing to its versatility is the alloy’s exceptional strength. The high tensile and yield strength of the welded tube make it suitable for applications where structural integrity and load-bearing capability are paramount. This strength, coupled with its corrosion resistance, renders it an excellent candidate for components used in industries such as aerospace, automotive, and marine engineering.
Furthermore, the welded tube’s resistance to corrosion extends its applicability to environments prone to chemical exposure, moisture, and harsh weather conditions. This makes it well-suited for use in chemical processing, offshore drilling, and coastal installations where durability is essential.
The alloy’s ability to maintain its mechanical properties at elevated temperatures up to 600 °F (316 °C) broadens its reach to industries that require reliable performance in high-temperature environments. Applications in heat exchangers, furnace components, and power generation benefit from its thermal stability.
Beyond its inherent physical properties, the 17-4PH stainless steel welded tube’s ease of machining and fabrication enhances its versatility. Manufacturers can efficiently shape and manipulate the alloy to meet specific design requirements, making it adaptable to a wide array of custom applications.
Whether it’s medical equipment, industrial machinery, structural components, or consumer goods, the versatility of the 17-4PH stainless steel welded tube is a reflection of its multifaceted capabilities. This adaptability enables engineers and designers to innovate and address the unique demands of their respective industries, making the welded tube an invaluable solution that consistently performs across a diverse spectrum of applications.
The 17-4PH stainless steel welded tube is characterized by optimal structural integrity, a quality that underpins its reliability and suitability for critical applications. This attribute stems from the alloy’s composition and metallurgical properties, which work harmoniously to ensure the tube’s robustness and resilience.
Key to this optimal structural integrity is the alloy’s precipitation-hardening nature. Through controlled heat treatment, the material undergoes a transformation that results in the formation of fine precipitates within its microstructure. These precipitates act as barriers to dislocation movement, reinforcing the crystal lattice and enhancing the material’s strength and hardness. As a result, the welded tube can withstand external forces and stresses without undergoing deformation or failure.
The high tensile and yield strength of the 17-4PH stainless steel welded tube further contribute to its structural integrity. These mechanical properties enable the tube to endure substantial loads without yielding, ensuring that it maintains its shape and function even under demanding conditions.
Corrosion resistance is another vital aspect of the alloy’s structural integrity. The presence of chromium forms a passive oxide layer on the surface of the tube, safeguarding it against corrosive elements and environmental factors. This protection prevents the degradation of the material’s structural properties over time, ensuring its reliability in long-term applications.
Moreover, the welded tube’s uniform microstructure, achieved through careful heat treatment, ensures consistent mechanical properties throughout the material. This uniformity reduces the likelihood of weak points or defects that could compromise the tube’s overall structural soundness.
In summary, the optimal structural integrity of the 17-4PH stainless steel welded tube arises from its precipitation-hardening characteristics, high mechanical strength, corrosion resistance, and uniform microstructure. These factors collectively imbue the tube with the strength, durability, and reliability needed for critical applications, where maintaining form, function, and performance integrity is of paramount importance.
Application Of 17-4PH Stainless Steel Welded Tube
17-4PH stainless steel is a high strength, corrosion-resistant steel that is widely used in the aerospace, chemical, and oil & gas industries. It is easily welded and formed, making it an ideal choice for many applications. 17-4PH stainless steel welded tubes can be used in applications that require high hardness and/or corrosion resistance at temperatures of up to 600 °F (316 °C). Specific applications for 17-4PH stainless steel welded tubes include the petroleum and chemical industries, as well as use in aircraft parts.
In the dynamic realm of the aerospace industry, the role of stainless steel tube suppliers holds paramount importance. These suppliers serve as the backbone of aviation engineering by providing essential 17-4PH stainless steel welded tubes. These tubes, known for their exceptional strength, corrosion resistance, and adaptability, form the structural foundation of critical aircraft components. From aircraft structural elements to engine components, landing gear assemblies to avionics enclosures, the aerospace industry relies on stainless steel tube suppliers to deliver the high-quality materials needed for crafting precision-engineered parts that ensure the safety, performance, and longevity of modern aircraft. This symbiotic partnership between aerospace manufacturers and stainless steel tube suppliers showcases the collaborative effort required to propel the aerospace industry forward with innovation and reliability.
In the intricate landscape of the chemical industry, stainless steel tube suppliers play a pivotal role by offering indispensable solutions. These suppliers serve as the cornerstone of chemical processing by providing essential 17-4PH stainless steel welded tubes. These tubes, renowned for their corrosion resistance and durability, form the core of crucial equipment, including reactors, vessels, and pipelines. As the chemical industry grapples with corrosive substances and demanding environments, stainless steel tube suppliers ensure the delivery of premium materials that enable the construction of robust, reliable, and enduring structures. This collaborative partnership between the chemical sector and stainless steel tube suppliers exemplifies the synergy required to advance the industry with unwavering quality and performance.
oil and gas industry
Within the dynamic realm of the oil and gas industry, stainless steel tube suppliers assume a pivotal role in providing essential solutions. These suppliers stand as critical partners in oil and gas exploration and extraction by furnishing indispensable 17-4PH stainless steel welded tubes. These tubes, recognized for their resilience to corrosive environments and mechanical stresses, form the backbone of vital components such as downhole tools. As the oil and gas sector navigates the challenges of drilling and production, stainless steel tube suppliers ensure the supply of high-quality materials that underpin the construction of robust, enduring structures. This collaborative synergy between the oil and gas industry and stainless steel tube suppliers underscores the collective effort required to drive the sector forward with unwavering reliability and performance.
Yes, there are several materials that are similar to 17-4PH stainless steel. Some of these materials include 15-5PH, 13-8PH, and 17-7PH stainless steels. These materials are all precipitation-hardening stainless steels that offer a combination of high strength, corrosion resistance, and good mechanical properties. They differ from 17-4PH in their specific chemical compositions and heat treatment requirements, which can result in slightly different properties. It is important to carefully consider the specific requirements of an application when selecting a material.
17-4PH stainless steel welded tubing is known for its superior corrosion resistance. The corrosion resistance of this tubing stems from its specific alloy composition and finely controlled heat treatment process, which together give it superior performance in harsh environments.
Key elements of its corrosion resistance include:
- High concentrations of chromium and nickel: The alloy composition of 17-4PH welded stainless steel tubing is rich in chromium and nickel. Chromium provides effective corrosion protection by forming a dense oxide layer on the surface that prevents further oxidation reactions. The presence of nickel also helps to enhance the corrosion resistance of the alloy.
- Precipitation Hardened Microstructure: The finely tuned heat treatment process results in the formation of tiny precipitates in the microstructure of the pipe. These precipitates effectively prevent the penetration of corrosive substances, providing an additional barrier against corrosion.
- Clean Surfaces: The manufacturing process for 17-4PH welded tubing typically includes a fine surface preparation that ensures the surface of the tubing is free from impurities and contamination. This helps to further minimize the risk of corrosion.
- Acid and alkali resistance: Due to its corrosion resistance, this pipe excels in applications involving acid and alkaline environments, such as chemical processing, oil and gas industries, and more.
Collaboration with Huaxiao stainless steel tube suppliers forms a key part of safeguarding durability, performance and reliability.
17-4PH Stainless Steel Welded Tubes exhibit excellent performance in high temperature environments due to its alloy composition and precise heat treatment process, which makes it ideal for various industries. In this regard, stainless steel tube suppliers play a key role in offering 17-4PH stainless steel welded tubes that are adapted to the needs of high temperature applications.
The high temperature resistant properties of the tubes are mainly reflected in the following aspects:
- Stabilized Mechanical Properties: 17-4PH welded tubes have a stabilized microstructure obtained through a sophisticated heat treatment process, which enables them to maintain consistent mechanical properties in high temperature environments. This enables the pipe to withstand the stresses and loads in a high temperature environment.
- High Oxidation Resistance: The chromium component of the stainless steel gives 17-4PH welded pipe excellent oxidation resistance. This helps to slow down the rate of oxidation at high temperatures and extends the service life of the pipe.
- Creep resistance: 17-4PH welded stainless steel tubes exhibit creep resistance, maintaining their shape and structural stability at high temperatures and preserving their mechanical properties.
- Adapt to a variety of high-temperature applications: Given its high-temperature resistance, 17-4PH welded tubes can play an excellent role in a variety of high-temperature applications, including chemical processing, oil and gas extraction and high-temperature industrial production.
As a result, stainless steel tube suppliers offer a reliable solution to the needs of applications in high temperature environments when they provide the industry with high performance 17-4PH stainless steel welded tubes. The high temperature resistant properties of this alloy provide reliability and durability for applications in various fields, ensuring excellent performance in challenging high temperature environments.
The manufacturing process of 17-4PH Stainless Steel Welded Tubes and Pipes is a precise process that requires strict control over the alloy composition and heat treatment steps to ensure the performance and quality of the final product. In this process, stainless steel tube suppliers play a vital role by providing high quality raw materials and specialized manufacturing technology.
The manufacturing process typically includes the following steps:
- Alloy composition adjustment: Different applications require different alloy compositions. The supplier adjusts the composition of the 17-4PH stainless steel according to the requirements to ensure that the pipe has the required mechanical properties, corrosion resistance and high temperature resistance.
- Melting and casting: After the alloy composition is adjusted, the material is melted and cast to make alloy blanks. These billets are used in subsequent processing steps.
- Forging or Extrusion: Blanks may undergo processing steps such as forging or extrusion to create the desired shape and size. This helps to further enhance the mechanical properties of the pipe.
- Heat Treatment: A critical heat treatment step is essential to form the precipitation hardening structure of 17-4PH stainless steel. Tubes are heated to specific temperatures and then cooled to induce the formation of precipitates that increase the hardness and strength of the tube.
- Welding: 17-4PH stainless steel billets may be cut and machined into welded tube shapes. Where required, the tubes undergo a welding process to form welded joints.
- Surface Preparation: Finally, the tubing may undergo polishing, cleaning, and other surface preparation steps to ensure appearance and surface quality.
To summarize, the manufacturing process of 17-4PH stainless steel welded tubes covers a number of key steps such as alloy composition adjustment, melting, processing, heat treatment, etc. stainless steel tube suppliers play a vital role in providing high quality raw materials and specialized manufacturing techniques to ensure the performance, quality and reliability of the final product.
For the maintenance and care of 17-4PH stainless steel welded tube, here are some suggestions:
Regular Cleaning: Regularly cleaning the surface of the tubes prevents dust, dirt and impurities from accumulating and reduces the factors that can trigger corrosion. Use a mild detergent and a soft cloth to wipe the surface of the tube.
- Avoid chemical attack: Avoid exposing the pipe to strong acids, alkalis and other corrosive chemicals that can damage the surface and properties of stainless steel.
- Regular Inspection: Regularly inspect the surface of the welded pipe for visible corrosion, cracks or deformation. If problems are found, take timely measures to repair or replace.
- PREVENT PHYSICAL DAMAGE: Avoid impact, collision or scratches to the pipe to prevent surface breakage and damage.
- Proper Storage: When not in use, store tubing in a dry, ventilated environment away from moisture and salt.
- Consider environmental conditions: Select the appropriate type and material of tubing for the environment in which it will be used to ensure optimum performance under the specific operating conditions.
- Lubricate regularly: If the tubing contains moving parts, lubricate regularly with an appropriate lubricant to minimize friction and wear.
- Follow manufacturer’s recommendations: Follow the maintenance and service recommendations provided by the manufacturer to ensure long-term reliability and performance of the tubing.
- PROFESSIONAL MAINTENANCE: For larger repair and maintenance jobs, it is best to seek professional maintenance services to ensure that the pipe is properly treated.
In summary, regular cleaning, periodic inspection and avoidance of physical and chemical damage to 17-4PH stainless steel welded tubing are key to maintaining its performance and appearance. Following the stainless steel tube suppliers recommendations and best practices can extend the life of the tubing and ensure its continued usefulness in a variety of applications.
Compared with other stainless steel welded tubes, 17-4PH stainless steel welded tubes have the following unique features:
- Precipitation Hardening Capability: 17-4PH Stainless Steel Welded Tubing is a precipitation hardening stainless steel that is properly heat treated to achieve excellent mechanical properties, including high strength and hardness. This allows it to excel in applications subject to high loads and stresses.
- Adjustability: The hardness of 17-4PH Stainless Steel Welded Tubing can be adjusted through different heat treatment processes to meet the requirements of different applications. This allows it to perform in diverse applications.
- Superior Corrosion Resistance: 17-4PH welded stainless steel tubing excels in highly saline environments, providing superior corrosion resistance. Its chromium and nickel-containing components help form a protective oxide layer, making it suitable for challenging chemical and marine environments.
- Creep resistance: 17-4PH welded stainless steel tubes are creep resistant at elevated temperatures, retaining their shape and stability, making them suitable for use in high-temperature environments.
- Ease of machinability: Despite its high strength, welded 17-4PH stainless steel tubes have good machinability. This allows manufacturers to machine them into a variety of shapes and sizes to meet different design requirements.
- Multiple Applications: The versatility of welded 17-4PH stainless steel tubing makes it suitable for use in a number of industries, including aerospace, chemical, oil and gas, medical, and more. Its unique properties make it ideal for a variety of challenging environments.
Overall, 17-4PH stainless steel welded tubing offers a unique competitive advantage among many stainless steel welded tubes due to its precipitation hardening ability, tunability, corrosion resistance, creep resistance, and multi-discipline applications.
17-4PH Stainless Steel Welded Tubes excel in weldability, which provides convenience to manufacturers and users. The weldability of this material is dependent on the alloy composition and the appropriate welding process, which is essential to ensure a high quality welded connection. stainless steel tube suppliers play a vital role in providing the right tubes and expert advice.
Key considerations include:
- Preheating and heat treatment: In order to mitigate the risk of distortion and intergranular corrosion during welding, it is often necessary to preheat the weld prior to welding, and then to carry out a suitable heat treatment once the weld has been completed.
- Appropriate Welding Methods: 17-4PH welded tubes can be joined by a variety of common welding methods, including TIG, MIG, and arc welding. Choosing the proper welding method will ensure the quality and performance of the weld.
- Suitable filler material: Choosing the right filler material is critical to obtaining a stable welded connection. Suppliers can provide professional advice to help select the most suitable filler material.
- Welding parameter control: Controlling welding parameters, such as welding current, voltage, speed, etc., can ensure that the thermal impact of the welding process is minimized, thus reducing the risk of distortion and damage.
In conclusion, 17-4PH stainless steel welded tubes have good weldability, but proper processes and advice need to be followed during the welding process. stainless steel tube suppliers play an important role in providing suitable tubes, welding advice and expertise to ensure the quality and stability of the welded connection.