The difference between 316 and 316L stainless steel
Today, I met a customer who does not understand the difference between 316 and 316L stainless steel, Today, Xiaohe Xiaobian show you the difference between 316 and 316L stainless steel:
1. 316l: C≤0.03, Si≤1.00, Mn≤2.00, P≤0.035, S≤0.03, Ni: 10.0-14.0, Cr: 16.0-18.5, Mo: 2.0-3.0.
2. 316: C≤0.08, Si≤1.00, Mn≤2.00, P≤0.035, S≤0.03, Ni: 10.0-14.0, Cr: 16.0-18.5, Mo: 2.0-3.0.
Second, the goal is different
1. 316l: The old grade is 00Cr17Ni14Mo2, and the grade is 022C17N12M2, which is the TP316L model and the Japanese model SUS316L.
2. 316: The old grade is 0Cr17Ni12Mo2, and the new grade is 06C17N12M2, which is American standard TP316 and Japanese standard SUS316.
Different heating systems
1. 316L: 316L stainless steel has better carbide precipitation than 316 stainless steel, and can be used in temperatures of 800-1575 degrees.
2. 316: 316 stainless steel can be used continuously below 1600 degrees and used continuously below 1700 degrees, but it is best not to use 316 stainless steel in the range of 800-1575 degrees.
After such an inspection, do you have a pre-understanding of the differences between 316 and 316L stainless steel? If you want to learn more, please free to contact Huaxiao metal stainless steel.